Friday, March 28, 2008

It's Coming...

About this time next week I hope and expect to be completely absorbed in a great book I ordered as a little gift to myself. It's called The Creative Home by Amanda Soule of the blog Soulemama. She's the kind of person that inspires me and makes me smile, but also makes me feel like I could be doing more...She has 3 small kids, home schools, is an artist and author. She just finished the manuscript of her second book early this year. I want to point to her and say, "See, there is such a thing as a "supermom!"

I started a blog a month ago and am hoping to finish a knitted washcloth and someday work up the nerve to sew curtains...so...yeah. Maybe not achieving at her level, but I'm mostly okay with that. I always want to be pushed and inspired. I want to be constantly evaluating my choices and priorities and goals. I want to do new things and see with new eyes.

Honestly, it's hard to not look at someone else's life from the outside and compare it to my seemingly ordinary life. I know that's not fair or realistic and I would tell someone the same thing if they at all envied my life...but it's hard to take my own advice. Anyone relate?

4 comments:

andrew,betsy,& noura said...

YOU are the supermom that I hope to be:)

MamaTow said...

I want to plant a garden, paint a painting and make my wedding album. I couldn't do it before I had kids, with one little one now it seems impossible. You are a supermom by default...wear it proudly!

Andrea Moberly said...

We could all find someone we want to be more like. Isn't it a blessing that we don't have to find significance in that! Don't go selling short the gifts God has given you though, you seem to hold your own in the "awesome mom" department!

Alison said...

I can certainly relate!