Wednesday, March 26, 2008

More than enough

Easter night, after a lovely celebration with both Adam's family and mine, I was pondering the truth that with our car situation, we really are going to be okay. We can juggle what needs to be juggled with only one vehicle. On the days I needed help picking my daughter up from school, we now had help (and i really struggle asking for help). Deep breath.

Then I noticed the answering machine blinking. A friend had read the blog entry about the van. Her family was leaving for a week-long vacation the next morning and so she wanted to offer her vehicle for the week. "Sure," I said, smiling. "That would be amazing." Not just daily bread, but a week's worth of gourmet food to linger over and enjoy.

I'm so thankful. My heart is full. God always has what we need. He will work through willing, open-handed people. There is always enough if we would all share. What can I share today? What can you share? My major barrier to sharing is fear of loss or inconvenience. Living an open-handed, unafraid life is really living in my opinion. I feel more connected, more thankful, more aware.

No comments: