Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Red Letters Campaign

This might make me sound old, but I'm still going to say it. The internet age and it's results are truly amazing to me!

I'm part of a forum of families who have adopted chldren from India through Dillion International in 2007. A couple of those women became adoption journalists for an organization called The Red Letters Campaign. Those mothers invited the other mothers to be a part of this and to add their voices to the experience of adopting from India. Wham. I'm part of another circle of people passionate about meaningful care of orphans and widows; about ending poverty; about mobilizing those who are willing to do what we can with the lives and voices and opportunities and resources we've been given.

So, from time to time I'll be blogging about our adoption experience or process. On my first blog entry I mentioned that I am an adoptive mom, but not only an adoptive mom. Do you remember? :) I don't want any one role to completely define me or own me, but I can't deny that our experience and journey is part of who I am. As other families start down this road any and every voice that can aid in the journey is helpful. I know I couldn't get enough of others' insights and thoughts during the times we were processing or waiting. So I hope this helps a little.

Thanks for reading.


2 comments:

andrew,betsy,& noura said...

they are the cutest kids i just want to hug them!!!

Kristi W. said...

Yeah!!! I'm so glad you joined us!!! :)
Kristi W.