Sunday, June 22, 2008

Lately

Last week our phone line/internet started acting up. I was effectively disconnected for about 5 days. I didn't know how much I leaned on my access to email and blogs to feel connected. It was a quiet week and by the end loneliness and frustration were creeping in. My neighbor kindly brought over some parenting magazines Thursday as we were trying to escape the house into the yard to play. I started crying. Lovely. The kind of crying where I can't pull it together but don't have an actual reason to cry...See if she brings over anymore magazines. Seriously, it was a seemingly small thing that meant so much in that moment. Our lives are filled with those, aren't they? We can give and receive in ways that mean so much. The key is letting those people know how much they mean. Has someone made you laugh or given you a hug or carried some of the weight in your heart or mind lately? Take a minute to call or email or send a card to let them know.

Here are a few pictures from last week to catch up on the fun.

We made bread. It was perfect. Waking up to the house still smelling like freshly baked bread the next morning was a bonus.

More pictures of the library.

It's a beautiful combination of old and new. I love how the skyline of the surrounding buildings is reflected in this one. I love the view from the front steps. I love living just a few minutes from this place and other beautiful places downtown.

I just started ¨Digging Deep: Unearthing Your Creative Roots Through Gardening¨ by Fran Sorin. It's something that I hope will take me another step in my journey.

2 comments:

MamaTow said...

I have plenty more magazines...the August issues have yet to come.

Heart and Hands said...

okay...if you want to brave my random emotions! you are awesome.