Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Green, Day 3


I bought this star on impulse years ago. I was drawn to the color. I could never find the right place to display it. It's not flat on the back so it looks awkward on a wall. It languished in my laundry room/storage room/if you don't-know-what-to-do-with-it-shove-it-in-there-room. I recently repainted this hutch and remembered my green star. Yes! It just happens to match the paint on the walls of our dining room. It's a happy thing in a happy corner of one of my favorite rooms in our house.

It's also symbolic of those beautiful gifts or ideas we all have, but don't know quite what to do with them. Don't forget about them. Get them out, dust them off and find a place where they can shine. Write it in your journal. Tell your friend about it. See what happens. Let it come back to life and inspire you and others. There are probably more things just like it in your "life storage room" waiting to be rediscovered.

3 comments:

Julie & Patrick said...

Funny how we are sometimes drawn to something and it isn't until years later that it finds it's proper place, yet it was always admired...even when in a closet :)

Glad you can finally truly enjoy your green star.

Julie R

Alison said...

Perhaps I will find some of those "treasures" as I pack up the house to try to get it ready to sell! I'll be looking through my closets with a different eye and thinking about the "potentials" rather than the "junk"! :-) I really love your blog!

danielle said...

perfectly spoken