Wednesday, December 3, 2008

When is an apron more than an apron?

When it's an invitation to create.
When it's a bridge from childhood to womanhood.
When it transports you to another kitchen in another time filled with smells and voices and memories.
When it makes it safe to be messy.
When it is part of awakening your imagination.
When it is the first step in making new memories.
When it makes you feel pretty.
When it makes you feel brave.
When it becomes an heirloom to hand down to a little girl in your life (stains and all).

Put on an apron and get messy with someone you love. Here's a lovely blog with a fun muffin recipe.

If a little one in your life doesn't have an apron, you can order one from my shop and give a very special gift for the holidays.

(This is an apron of my mom's I've worn since I was a little girl learning to bake. I wore it to help in the kitchen this Thanksgiving.)

1 comment:

Alison said...

I didn't even know you had a shop! Very cute stuff! It's wonderful to see God develop this gift of yours. Hope to see you Friday!