Sunday, April 5, 2009

The Little Things

Our spring break is winding down. We planned on a week doing things around the house and around the city. We didn't plan on fevers and coughs that have lasted all week and spread to two kids and one husband. We've been inside most of the week with some short dashes to the store or other errands.

Yesterday evening brought a much-needed walk for D, E, and me. The sun felt so good, the light was beautiful and nature was bursting with life and color. E took a clip board and pencil to sketch nature as she saw it. She does this often at school and I marvel at her observation skills and confidence. D found all kinds of treasures for me to hold. The frequent pauses were perfect for a curious 2 year-old. Here are some images from our time together:




When we got home, I couldn't help but notice how the sun held this newly planted terra cotta pot in my window.


Wishing you wonder and health and joy this week.

1 comment:

Loree Alayne Photography said...

Sounds like your spring break was a bit like ours =) Both kids ended up with fever, ear infections, and cough. On another note, I love your comments about light. As a photographer I am so drawn to light and how it can really soothe the soul. I love the way light can transform the ordinary into a work of art. Have a great day!! -Loree