Thursday, September 11, 2008

Birthday Boy

A big happy birthday to our handsome son.

It never ceases to amaze me how one can love another so completely and then grow in that love more and more every day, every year for a lifetime. Again I find myself the giver and the recipient of that kind of love.

A car-theme birthday party is coming on Saturday. Today there were kisses, birthday candles, singing and some small gifts before the big fun on Saturday. I'm pretty sure he said more new words today than ever before. I'm looking forward to this year with him.

8 comments:

Andrea Moberly said...

Yay! Happy birthday to your little one :) And Happy birthday to the parents who have loved him to the age of 2!

Julie & Patrick said...

Love that smile...it brings one to mine too

Happy Birthday!

:) Julie R

Kristi W. said...

Happy Birthday, David!!!! Christin - he's looking so adorable, as always. His smile is totally infectious! Hope the birthday party is a hit on Saturday!

:) Kristi W.

Anonymous said...

Happy 2nd Birthday David!!

Love,

James, Lynda
Javin, Isaac
Olivia and
Sananda

Peter and Nancy said...

Thanks for posting your blog address on the Yahoo group -- for some reason I didn't have it already.

That David -- he has enough personality for two boys! What a treasure you have in him, not to mention your daughters. They were so friendly and welcoming to my sons when we visited last month.

Happy birthday, David!
-- Nancy & crew

Peter and Nancy said...

BTW, would you mind if I list your blog on mine? Let me know at:
www.indiatoappleton.blogspot.com
Thanks!
Nancy

Alison said...

What a doll! Time goes by so fast. Don't you just want to bottle it up sometimes?? Enjoy the party!

SPRINK said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAVID! I stopped in the toddlers room at church Sunday and saw David. He was pushing a cart and smiling his wonderful smile. He is very fun, you are blessed and he is blessed! He stopped what he was doing, ran to the counter and gave me a big
"5" then smiled and went back to what he was doing.