Friday, July 25, 2008

Home from Florida

We're back home after a lovely and relaxing 10 days in Florida. A HUGE thank you to our friends who let us stay at their wonderful condo. The highlights for me were introducing (and re-introducing) our kids to the warm, wide ocean. Carolyn was fearless. Emily was content to stay on the beach. David was busy going back and forth between the two. Emily did great in the swimming pool. She wore a life vest and it gave her confidence to do the backstroke all over the pool. She also ate her first sushi! We had seared ahi and she was a big fan. The other highlights for me were sunset at the beach and finishing the Digging Deep book. I had an afternoon to myself at a bookstore. I sat in a deep leather armchair, sipping my iced coffee and, for the first time, drew a first draft of my dream garden in the back of my journal.

As kids, we're told to not tell our wishes or they won't come true. I think the opposite is true. Taking my dreams from vague ideas to something tangible brought them one step closer to reality. Speaking one dream makes me realize there are many more waiting to be spoken. And pursued into reality.


2 comments:

Andrea Moberly said...

That's a beautiful thought... I wonder what dreams are hidden behind my unwillingness to share them?

carol said...

Wow! I love that picture of Carolyn at the beach.
I have been thinking about my light ideas a lot. I don't want to force any creavity...so we'll see what pans out in the end. So far I have a few pictures and I wrote a song...that I'm not a big fan of :) At least I tried.