Friday, February 6, 2009

Friday Gratitude

This has been an intermittently good and....um...challenging day. Just normal life stuff. About ten minutes before I had to wake up my sleeping toddler and pick up the kids from school I got inspired to take my camera outside in this warming up sunny afternoon to capture the melting beauty. This happens often--last minute inspiration.

So, in an effort to fight my looming crabby mood-here's my Friday Gratitude List and some pictures from the afternoon.

warm sunny days and the sound of melting snow
the muted songs of brave birds
my kids' smiles
my husband's strength and patience
coffee with new friends and old friends
the hope of spring
coffee
knitting--even one row
dinner with friends
green plants in my house in the dead of winter
how much more there is to see and do and learn
each one of you



6 comments:

Peter and Nancy said...

Gorgeous photos! And I hope you'll post a photo when you finish your sweater . . . I tried knitting a few years ago, but never made it past the washcloth stage! I admire your ambition. :o)
-- Nancy

Heart and Hands said...

Thanks, Nancy! It may be NEXT February by the time the sweater's done at the rate I'm going, but I'm having fun (now). There were a lot of times where I was more stressed than anything while pursuing my relaxing hobby!

Nikki Keever said...

I miss blogs...darn facebook! It was nice catching up on yours! Thanks for the break..it was ALMOST as good as pretending to sit with you can have some coffee.

MamaTow said...

great pictures!

Alison said...

Good reminder to be find things to be thankful for on those grumpy days! Love the pictures, too!

Heart and Hands said...

Nikki--it would be great to do coffee sometime! I miss you!

Cindy and Alison--thanks for the encouragement! You guys are great.